Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my semi-automatic shotgun is operating as a single shot. My age, ebbing strength and a double jointed thumb is making it difficult to seat the 2nd round in the magazine tube. Therefore, a single shot automatic. :eek: Anybody have any experience with chopping a few coils off the mag spring to make it easier? I'm wondering if reducing the spring pressure will screw with the timing of moving the 2nd round into battery.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on what experience? Maybe a jam condition? Surely not a ka-boom! Just trying to minimize an issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True about the O/U, I have 3 of them. I also have a matched pair of Winchester 1200 Skeet grade pumps in 12 and 20 and a 101 12 gauge single barrel Trap - all of which I enjoy shooting and have won matches with each of them. I'm just looking for a way to adapt and overcome and run the 1400. I enjoy being retired and having a choice of guns to shoot. Why would I limit myself to just one gun? It's also fun to best a youngster, I'm 73, with a 60 year old pump or semi auto against a multi thousand dollar Italian version of a fun gun. Makes me giggle when I pull it off. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts