Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester 1400 semiauto 20 gauge that I've had for a long time with no problems. all of a sudden the gun jammed and now it won't fire. trigger will move, safety is off, but no shot fired, no click of any kind from the trigger, it just moves smoothly. I've disassembled it, cleaned it, nothing appears broken, but something has apparently broke somewhere. any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so it doesn't appear to be anything with the firing pin, but it's somewhere in the trigger action in getting the trigger to release the hammer, I even wonder if there isn't something wrong with the safety mechanism causing this hang up. with action out of gun, the trigger will occasionally release, sometimes it won't, but I can take a screwdriver and get the hammer to freely release. does this make sense? could it just be dirt in the action area?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Remove and examine the firing pin return spring. If it is fractured the firing pin can not develop sufficient force to detonate the primer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s the cocking handle plate retaining screw. The screw holds the slide plate and the slide plate holds the firing pin. I have the same problem. I’m waiting for my screw to come in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts