Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know if those ATI Heat Shields actually work? I always hear that ATI is junk, but it seems that many people put them on. Someone told me that they are just for looks, but then again, this person has never put on a heat shield on a shotgun and hasnt even shot a shotgun that had one on.

·
Registered
16 Posts

My 1300 barrel has warmed up, but never too much thats its too hot to handle. The ATI heatshield I have on it serves the purpose of preventing barrel scrapes mostly.

Sent from above...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why would you want a heat shield? Unless you plan on clearing trenches in the Ardennes they are worthless. Or, if you want it for the high CDI (chicks dig it) factor, knock yourself out.

In case you haven't noticed even military shotguns don't use heat shields anymore. Last was the mossberg 590a1.

Keep it simple. Will the heat shield make you shoot better, faster, more accurately????No!
It won't make the gun function any better either. Leave the Gucci gear alone and save your money for more shells and proper training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Holy crap! I just saw the pics of those shotguns up above. Those have a CDI factor 9. How much crap can you hang off a shotgun?

If some idiot pulled one of those out at range I was on, I'd get out of there as fast as possible. I know they have no clue what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
its all about selling gizmos and the public bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts