Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had this Winchester 1300 Defender 7+1 for about 10 years, and I'm trying to figure out what it's worth.

I have the factory pistol grip and an ATI M4 style adjustable stock, and the factory foregrip plus a vertical foregrip. I have put maybe 100 shells through it ever. It's got a few cosmetic blemishes in the finish, which I'll fix before selling.

I bought it new in 2002, and have shot maybe 100 shells (all low brass) through it.

So, how much should I ask for this gun?

Background: I shot a friend's M&P 15-22 yesterday, and decided something like that would be the perfect gun to get my wife into shooting. There is a gun show in town tomorrow and I'd like trade/partial trade this shotgun for a .22 semiauto rifle, but I have absolutely NO IDEA what this shotgun is worth.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go over to gunbroker.com or gunauction.com and take a look at the pump shotgun auctions to get an idea of values. Potential buyers may not want the "accessories" you have so be prepared for that. You might be better off selling them seperate.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd give $150 for it...

The tacticool accesories add nothing to the value unless you can find someone who wants their shotgun set up exactly the way you set yours up.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! The 12ga bandoleer/sling is pretty over the top, but other than that, is this gun really that tacticool?

I figured the accessories wouldn't add much, if anything, to the value; but this shotgun came as a pistol grip, and I figured it would be a lot easier to sell with a shoulder stock.

Would it reasonable to ask for a complete AR lower with stock in trade?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid 275 for a 1300 Defender in wood furniture a year or so ago. It's an awesome gun. I think you can get more than 150 for it. For me, the accessories don't add to it's value.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! What I meant was-
Do you think it would be reasonable to ask for a complete AR lower (with buffer tube and stock) in trade for my Defender 1300?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid $200 for a 1300 Defender about 14 years ago. If I remember correctly, they are worth more now that they've been out of production for awhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts