Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be getting a winchester 1300 and the question that i wanted to ask is that can i shoot slugs out of it?they don't make these winchester 1300 anymore just need to know before i shoot it?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slugs will fire fine. I have a 1300 Defender, love the damn thing. It's a great shotgun and will fire any standard 12 gauge shell, 2 3/4 and 3 inch. Get it and have fun!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do they make sidesaddle for that shotgun? can you post up pics knox8282
Yes. My Defender is a smooth bore, cylinder zero restriction choke. I use rifled slugs. Not sure if you are referring to a 1300 defender or a standard 1300 speed pump shotgun. Either will shoot slugs with the proper choke.

Winchester 1300 Defender

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i might be getting a winchester 1300 and the question that i wanted to ask is that can i shoot slugs out of it?they don't make these winchester 1300 anymore just need to know before i shoot it?
Safe to assume you got it? If so, which 1300 model? It's a great pump shotgun.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a 1300 Defender, second one I have had. I love it. I shoot every thing through it. I had the same stock as pictured above but now have a speedfeed v4. and love the gun 5 times more now.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic of my 1300 Defender, along with my AR and 1911. There are shells attached to the rack in the middle, mostly buck, but 2 rifled slugs. I have no choke on my Defender and it shoots all types of 12 gauge no problem. Get it and enjoy.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Safe to assume you got it? If so, which 1300 model? It's a great pump shotgun.
yes you are correct, i just bought it and its a winchester 1300 defender.the left side receiver said speed pump but the barrels saids winchester 1300 defender.i already bought a tacstar 6 shell sidesaddle today and going to range saturday to try her out.when i get a chance i'll be going to the gunshow and check out there rear stocks.i'll post up pics soon.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes you can shoot slugs from the 1300, just make sure which choke is in. My speed pump 1300 came with a extra full choke and you will need a cylinder or improved cylinder choke for slugs. whatever you do don't shoot slugs or shot with no choke in the barrel, it will definately make putting a choke in later very difficult or impossible.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen a few longer barrels out their for the Defender if you ever want to dove/duck/turkey hunt. The only thing I don't like about the 1300 is the plastic trigger guard. Other than that I love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts