Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early, '66 or so, 12 gauge Winchester Model 1200 that seems to be coming out of lock up after a shot is fired. Lately upon firing a shot I'm surprised to find the fore end bottomed out in the retracted position seemingly with little to no help on my part. I have the twin gun in 20 gauge that doesn't do that. The only parts I can think of that are involved with lock up are the breech bolt and the barrel. I have tried different barrels and still have the issue. Am I correct in assuming the problem is a worn breech bolt? I've stopped shooting it till I get it figured out and fixed. Any other possibilities? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
unlike a model 12, the f.a. unlocks when fired.
try it in dry fire condition.
put it in battery with a little pressure to the rear and pull the trigger. it should release.
put it in battery with no pressure to the rear and pull the trigger. did it release?

i had that happen with a gun once. its not the breech bolt, it has to do with the release system parts in the trigger assy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Model1200 unlocking

Not sure about the 1200, but I have a 1300 that will unlock after being fired to speed load the next round for hunting purposes. I shoot doubles at skeet lightening fast with it. It's a normal operation for the 1300.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
same same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts