Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna go with a cantilever style slug gun but I'm now reading from some of you that a fixed barrel shotgun would be noticeably more accurate. (anyone else have an opinion on this? in theory a cantilever should be just as accurate as a receiver mount on a fixed barrel.)

so my question is who the hell makes one?
I know of the:
  • Ithaca deer slayer.
  • Rem 870 super slug. (that barrel is pinned not fixed, if anyone knows the difference comment below).
  • Savage 212 or 220 bolt actions.

what other fixed barrel shotguns besides those exist?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
likely just a riffled slug barrel? Im looking for a slug gun where the barrel is permanently affixed to the receiver like a riflle, or someone to convince me that a cantilever mount is just as good lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
likely just a riffled slug barrel? Im looking for a slug gun where the barrel is permanently affixed to the receiver like a riflle, or someone to convince me that a cantilever mount is just as good lol.
Smooth bore but it is removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Go with the Savage or Ithaca. Ithaca has been making slug guns for 60 years. On U-tube they make some amazing shot with a bolt action slug gun. Browning use to make one. Don't know if they still do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am fairly interested in the ithica deer slayer 2 or 3. i like the savage 220/212 but ive read about so many feed and extraction issue's.

mainly just wanting to put some feelers out there and see if there is some fixed barrel slug guns i am not aware of that i should take a look at

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or looking for someone that is getting great accuracy out of a cantilever style slug gun to persuade me that route.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was gonna go with a cantilever style slug gun but I'm now reading from some of you that a fixed barrel shotgun would be noticeably more accurate. (anyone else have an opinion on this? in theory a cantilever should be just as accurate as a receiver mount on a fixed barrel.)

so my question is who the hell makes one?
I know of the:
  • Ithaca deer slayer.
  • Rem 870 super slug. (that barrel is pinned not fixed, if anyone knows the difference comment below).
  • Savage 212 or 220 bolt actions.

what other fixed barrel shotguns besides those exist?
Try VANG COMPANY - They do custom mods.Vang Comp Systems © | World Leader in Tactical Shotgun Parts & Service

·
Registered
21 Posts
i took a quick look on the website, i dont believe any of the models state that they have fixed barrels, if im wrong could you show me where it says they do?
I thought they said that if you send in your shotgun, they could do a complete Mod. job on it. Fixed and other
don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts