Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a local dealer has the Maverick 88 on sale for $229.99 which includes pistol grip and regular stock. I want a pistol grip shotgun and my other choice was the Mossberg 500 which is at least $100 more.

They are both Mossberg's, the Maverick has parts made in Mexico other than that I don't see a difference.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So a local dealer has the Maverick 88 on sale for $229.99 which includes pistol grip and regular stock. I want a pistol grip shotgun and my other choice was the Mossberg 500 which is at least $100 more.

They are both Mossberg's, the Maverick has parts made in Mexico other than that I don't see a difference.
I've owned both in the past and liked them both. My only complaint about the Maverick was that the safety button was very stiff. I do like the option of having both a regular and pistol grip option. But if you have a strong hankering for a pistol grip check out the Mossberg Just-In-Case It may not be a expensive as the 500 and you get a carrying case along with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.