Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a local dealer has the Maverick 88 on sale for $229.99 which includes pistol grip and regular stock. I want a pistol grip shotgun and my other choice was the Mossberg 500 which is at least $100 more.

They are both Mossberg's, the Maverick has parts made in Mexico other than that I don't see a difference.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So a local dealer has the Maverick 88 on sale for $229.99 which includes pistol grip and regular stock. I want a pistol grip shotgun and my other choice was the Mossberg 500 which is at least $100 more.

They are both Mossberg's, the Maverick has parts made in Mexico other than that I don't see a difference.
I've owned both in the past and liked them both. My only complaint about the Maverick was that the safety button was very stiff. I do like the option of having both a regular and pistol grip option. But if you have a strong hankering for a pistol grip check out the Mossberg Just-In-Case It may not be a expensive as the 500 and you get a carrying case along with it.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they both have parts made in Mexico.
they are both final assembled in Texas.
the safety location and possible the forearm are the only difference (some tactical 500s have the one piece forearm)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts