Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Remington 870 Wingmaster Shotgun and a barrel modified by Briley Associates with screw in chokes and a 3 inch chamber. When I fire 3 inch shells made by Apex (TSS), Federal (Grand Slam) that are constructed using the rolled crimp technique, they fire and eject beautifully. However, when I fire Federal (3rd Degree TSS) or Browning (TSS) which are fold and crimp - they fire and then will not eject due to the fold extension. I know that I have a 2 3/4 receiver and what I need is a 3 inch receiver, then my ejection problem will go away. In the meantime, do any of you know of any 20 GA TSS manufactuers that use roll and crimp technique other than the two I listed above? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Charlie

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but I would contact BOSS ammo and ask about their 20 gauge 3 inch shells. Good luck!

edit: I checked Boss ammo's other pictures and only saw fold crimps on 12 gauge and 28 gauge so I assume that the 20 gauge would be the same. Maybe the 2 3/4 inch TSS from Apex would be enough for your use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the answer to your question but I would contact BOSS ammo and ask about their 20 gauge 3 inch shells. Good luck!

edit: I checked Boss ammo's other pictures and only saw fold crimps on 12 gauge and 28 gauge so I assume that the 20 gauge would be the same. Maybe the 2 3/4 inch TSS from Apex would be enough for your use?
Oyeme,

Thanks, I liked the BOSS site but they were sold out. I have requested notification when they get back in stock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oyeme,

Thanks, I liked the BOSS site but they were sold out. I have requested notification when they get back in stock.
From what I read on their site they are accepting "pre-orders". Getting orders committed on the shells before making them. Pretty smart because it tells them which ones they need to focus on. A friend routinely uses them in TX duck hunting and says they are great performers.

Good luck! Randy Wakeman did a review of the Boss ammo and really liked it. See below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts