Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a excellent Voodoo Tactical gun bag, that I and everyone else I know that has one, rates very highly.

Mil - Spec Plus 36 Tactical Gun Case, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

Here is a old pictorial review of the Voodoo Tactical I acquired from SportsMan's Guide.
I love when Mr. Brown comes calling, this arrived Thursday from SportsMan's Guide, along with some other goodies.
Built like a tank, lots of room, very nice bag.
Pockets fit up to 18 AR/AK 30rnd mags & fits S12 5-8rnd Surefire mags, center pocket fits a MD20.
MOLLE on either end, more ammo/mags or misc gear.

As you can see my AR & S12 fit nicely, and fits any two sidearms just as well.
I challenge anybody to find a better bag than this for only $54.95,
PM me for distributors name.

42-inch MOLLE Soft padded Padded Weapons Case with Backpack Straps
New Enhanced Model Holds Two Carbines and Two Pistols

Whether you are carrying your rifle to the range or need to pack it in the field, this SportsMan's Guide (Voodoo Tactical) brand padded weapons case is a terrific way to carry two long guns, two pistols and a great deal of related gear.

The 42-inch (40.5-inches inside) padded case from SportsMan's Guide (Voodoo Tactical) safely holds just about any compact rifle or carbine. eBay rules prevent us from listing the names of certain rifles, but if you have any questions, please e-mail us at the address below.

Inside are adjustable tie downs so that you can be sure your optics are not going to get knocked about. The attention to detail and heavy thick foam on all six sides is a welcome change from the standard nylon case. It even features additional padding to protect your muzzle and the zippers are tough enough to meet the demanding conditions required by the military and law enforcement.

Behind the pouches, there's a second compartment with two padded pouches built in. Each is designed to hold a pistol, but you could also use these for optics or other accessories.

This case comes with the three external pouches you see here, giving you plenty of storage space for magazines, boxes of ammo, cleaning kits, your log book and other accessories. The three exterior pouches have gussets, making them hold far more than you would think. The two outside pouches can hold five or six magazines and the center pouch is even larger.

This gun case features three carrying methods: A standard handle in center of the bag, a shoulder strap, and back-pack style shoulder harness. This backpack style carry is great for long distances. And if you use the PAL webbing to attach MOLLE or ALICE pouches, you can haul even more gear.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have the same case from TSG. think I paid 60ish for it. I bought 2 molle bags off there site also for 20 bucks that i put on the bag that holds my md 20 drums perfectly.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a excellent Voodoo Tactical gun bag, that I and everyone else I know that has one, rates very highly.

Mil - Spec Plus 36 Tactical Gun Case, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide
Thanks, just what I was looking for. Did you get the 36" (since you listed their site indicating it)? Btw, does the pouch (s) I see in the pics holding what appears to be a 20 rnd drum, come with it? GodfatherJay below say's that he also bought
(2) molle bags from them as well to hold his drums. Just wondering if the bag alone comes with a large enough pouch.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have the same case from TSG. think I paid 60ish for it. I bought 2 molle bags off there site also for 20 bucks that i put on the bag that holds my md 20 drums perfectly.
Thanks for the affirmation. I had also asked this from ChileRelleno but the molle bags that you bought extra to fit your drums, did the size pouches needed not come on the bag itself?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, just what I was looking for. Did you get the 36" (since you listed their site indicating it)? Btw, does the pouch (s) I see in the pics holding what appears to be a 20 rnd drum, come with it? GodfatherJay below say's that he also bought
(2) molle bags from them as well to hold his drums. Just wondering if the bag alone comes with a large enough pouch.
No, get the 42" or 46"... The 36" is just the direct link to the page.
I have the 42" as shown.

Yes, that is the standard center pouch, it holds a MD20 perfectly.
And as you can see, the other two pouches hold a shat load of stuff.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I'm going to have to get one too. Which is the size that most get for the Saiga-12 (19")? And maybe they get a larger size to accommodate other or future weapons.
Most get the 42" to accommodate the overall 36"+ length of the 19" S12.
And yes, to accommodate other firearms.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, get the 42" or 46"... The 36" is just the direct link to the page.
I have the 42" as shown.

Yes, that is the standard center pouch, it holds a MD20 perfectly.
And as you can see, the other two pouches hold a shat load of stuff.
Most get the 42" to accommodate the overall 36"+ length of the 19" S12.
And yes, to accommodate other firearms.
Thanks again. I'll get the 42" as you recommend.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I really like this case Chile. Thanks for posting I am going to have to pick it up.

:cool:
LOL... Yeah, it is a nice case, 'Voodoo Tactical' makes nice gear.
I've posted this a couple of times on various firearm forums, and Sportsmans Guide definitely has a run on these each time.
I should ask for kickbacks :twisted:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the affirmation. I had also asked this from ChileRelleno but the molle bags that you bought extra to fit your drums, did the size pouches needed not come on the bag itself?
No you can fit one drum in the big pocket on front of the bag. I bought the 2 xtra bags to hold my other MD20 drum and my AK75 rd drum.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ended up ordering the 46" "Mil Spec" bag from Sportsmen's Guide ($79.00) since the overall length of my Saiga (closed stock) is right there at 42" (w/PolyChoke attached). Should be here Tuesday. Would have liked the 42" which is a smaller footprint, of course, but would have not had any room to play. However, this bag doesn't appear to be the "Voodoo" Tactical brand bag upon closely looking at their pic. Wondering if there's any differences (i.e. number of outside elastic shell slots, size of the outside pouches, etc.) other than the name on the bag seemingly not being on it? I also realize that it's not as expensive as the Voodoo Tactical bag either. The reviews of this bag on their site from customers indicates that it is a VT bag.

*Note (update):

Called SG and they asked and found out that the Mil Spec bag is the mfg. and that "Voodoo Tactical" is the brand (complete w/with logo). Said pics could be old, etc. and possibly not of the exact same item on their site. Makes me feel better that I'm supposedly getting what I thought I was ordering and I'll know Tuesday.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its is more than likely the Voodoo bag. Awesome purchase cant go wrong for the money. I have had my bag loaded with close to 40 maybe 50lbs of guns, loaded mags, and gear.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to know. I hope it is the Voodoo Tactical as I was drawn toward the little things about it. Anyway, they said it's suppose to be and hopefully I'll be happy about it on Tuesday. Surprisingly enough though, in investigating this small verification, I stumbled on a site where they talk about the Mil Spec, Voodoo Tac, and other bags. They said they're all knock-off's of other more expensive brands (forgot what it/they were) and to be leary of the durability of them, unless you're only using them for minimum carry, etc. Not good for heavy duty use. Also the details/material used is less than the other, more expensive ones. Things like the material will tear and the padding wasn't sufficient enough. Places like Sportsmen's Guide and other's need a lower price point item to appeal to the masses, etc. Well, what attracted meand I like in the first place is that the Voodoo Tac was recommended by fellow members (who use it more than I probably will), the features of it, and of course the price. Good enough for me. Interesting though. If I find the site/forum again, I'll copy it in here. Found it but it's not about the same bag as it turns out, but still refers to quality issues of the brands . . .

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=84964.0

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not a thing wrong or sub-par about this gear bag.
Are there better? Of course. And there are worse too.
Remember, you'll hear ten negative for every positive, and five of those probably don't even actually own the gear they're knocking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts