Shotgun Forums banner

Where to get a 10-32 SWIVEL stud for mossberg??

5K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  ShotgunPro 
#1 ·
The barrel retaining screw or whatever you call it has a 10-32 threaded hole in it for a sling stud. I want a sling stud that SWIVELS, not just the regular studs I've seen. There are 2 reasons for this, if it's a plain stud, it might not line up straight up and down. Even if it does, I'd rather it swiveled so the sling moves easily out of the way when I shoulder it. For my 870, I just bought a magazine cap thingy with the desired function. I can make a sling adapter if I have to, but if they sell one cheap enough, I'd rather buy it.

#2 ·
Found what I needed.

There's an aftermarket barrel screw thingy that you can buy with a swivel stud built in. Found one @ dunhams earlier. The only problem is that the barrel is so short, it's possible, and probably pretty easy to put the sling/swivel in front of the barrel! So, I just have to be careful not to do that. :shock:

The Total Mag Cap Sling Swivel Stud Mossberg 500 Maverick 88 12 16 20 Ga Black

I bought another sling too, but it was too short for the mossberg, so I swapped with my 870. Both slings are good to go now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.