Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current rides,

A 1988 Honda Hurricane 1000 that I bought new in 1988. At the time it was the fastest thing off of the showroom floor, and today is still not a slouch.

Here it is all ready to be detailed,

But I need something to ride while I take my time with the Honda.

So there I was, down at the "class" dealer in town, you know, the Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Royal Enfield, Ducatti dealer ;), getting the carbs from the Honda tanked and spotted this one on the floor. I said to myself, "self, that looks like quite the ride", and you know what? It is!

3 cylinders of British goodness!

It takes me back to my very early days of riding, the Triumphs and BSAs I grew up riding, before the Japanese all but killed them off in the US.

bob

·
Registered
145 Posts
No pics cause that puter died, but custom Yamaha V Max 1200 V 4 and Suzuki DR 650 E enduro.. my gal has a Kawasaki Super Sherpa 250 enduro

·
Registered
51 Posts
My last one , was a 90 Yamaha FZR 1000, it was bored out, braided brake lines,40mm smoothbores. Back in 92 , it was dyno'ed at Daytona. 152 rear wheel ponies, man I loved that bike. But while my unit was in the field, someone decided they liked it more. My buddies and I would ride from Bragg to Myrtle beach when we werent on DRF cycle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had around 25 bikes over the last 35 years.
Here are some pics of my current two...

and a few of my other favorites...

·
Registered
150 Posts
FXWG--- Very nice looking bikes. Seeing that Honda 750 brought back memories. Man, makes me want to get back into biking. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FXWG--- Very nice looking bikes. Seeing that Honda 750 brought back memories. Man, makes me want to get back into biking. Thanks for the pics.
That particular bike was bought back in 1980 by my brothers friend. My brother bought the CB750F. Back in 1998, my brother calls me up and asks if I feel like going on a road trip. Long story short, we went and picked up that bike. Only had like 8000 miles on it. Sold it to a neighbor a few years ago and he got hit by a car shortly after that. Bike has been sitting behind his house since then. I hope that I never see it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow--- sorry to hear that. I had one new off the showroom back in `71 or `72. They introduced the Kawasaki 900 in `73, I sold the 750 and bought a `74 900. Kept that bike for years and when Harley got thier act straight, went to Harleys and never looked back. Sold my last one in 2005. A real nice Heritage. I was boating and diving more than riding so I sold it. Plus the gun bug bit me again( and I mean hard) so I dropped one of my passions. :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ducatis sure are beautiful bikes.
I"ve always wanted one, but something else always jumps up first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like Ducatis, my local pusher has a V7 on the floor. Everytime I walk by it my checkbook trys to jump out of my pocket. But the wife keeps slapping it down! :( :)

bob

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've owned two Honda 750s, one was a custom SS and the other was a K. The SS was stolen one night by meth heads, and it was a hard blow to a 21 year old college student making his own way

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last motorcycle I owned and the only surviving picture after Hurricane Andrew leveled my house. It would be my wife sitting on it and a K1 750 Honda the super bike of that day. I built every single part on it except the front end, headers and fenders. Every bolt on it was gold plated and Allen heads. Old school chopper by today's standard but this was the 70's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
75 h2c triple kawasaki 750

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those 2 stroke triples were scary, even the 500
Yes they were!!!!! I had a 900 4 stroker and my buddy had a 750 2 stroke. That thing was a rocket ship on wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts