Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your sub gauges would you want or prefer a tubed gun or the actual gun? This is a wide open discussion give your thoughts, this is open to all clay games.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
If I was going that route, it would be a carrier barrel with tubes so that it matched the weight and dynamics of the 12 gauge barrel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This question has been answered conclusively for the the competitive skeet shooters. They all shoot tubed guns as there are undoubtedly some advantages to that system. However, NSSA skeet has always done all that it could to make that game "easier" which is totally unlike the Olympic Skeet variant.

As for me, the separate appeal of different guns would be my preference especially since I don't try to compete in any target sport anymore.

·
975 Posts
26If you use tubes, the weight will vary, as will the balance, but the feel of the forend and grip remain the same, as does the trigger pull.

OTOH, if you use separate guns, but all the same like for instance, all Browning 725s, then the balance will be closer to the same, as will the grip and forend, but the weight will vary also.

If it were me, I'd probably go with tubes if I were competing.

Having said that, I shoot skeet every week using a Browning 725 in 20 gauge with 32" barrels and a Browning field grade Citori in .410 bore with 26" barrels. Very different in terms of weight and trigger, but close enough to make me happy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a tubed gun for Skeet, no carrier barrel. I just couldn't get past the extra weight out front. I sold it and bought a 28ga gun, love it. I'll take the gun over tubes any day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts