Shotgun Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well if your lookin for something when you go camping and your going to have a bookbag, mossberg make this sweet lil package call JIC package is the venerable 12 gauge Mossberg® 500® Pump-Action. Fitted with a compact 18-1/2” barrel and rugged synthetic pistol grip and forearm, it’s offered in your choice of the blued Cruiser® model, the Mariner or the Sandstorm featuring our proprietary Marinecote finish for employment in or around harsh marine environments. Each is sealed in a re-sealable clear bag, and is packaged in a heavy-duty, waterproof synthetic carrying-tube complete with re-sealable top and nylon carrying strap.

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ive got my old 870 with a long barrel and 3 shot tube but i would really like a short barrel with 5+ tube and ghost sights and integrated pistol grip in the stock. and i will be mounting a tac light to the front.

so what should i check out?
I had an old wingmaster and I got an 18" barrel from Vang Comp. They do something to the forcing cone that keeps the buck shot tight at 25 yards and beyond. It shoots slugs really well too. I also got an Advantage Tactical Universal Shotgun sight. It's the fastest iron sight I've ever tried on a shotgun. Those two additions on my wingmaster make me smile.

Kenichi

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
now im leaning toward a benelli supernove pistol grip tactical. its has the ghost sights like i want. i can get it for under $450 after rebate.....now to just convince the fiance....
Hahaha.

Unless you plan on inviting her to come shoot with you, who says you haven't had it for a while!?! :twisted:

Matter of fact, I remember when you picked that puppy up a few years ago... she's good looking! :lol::lol::lol:

However... I believe I've only fired one Benelli and it was an autoloader. Pretty cool gun, but when it came to HD I went with the Remington 870 Tactical. 18.5" Barrel, 6+1 capacity, capable of both the 2 3/4" & 3" loads. I love it!

I get compliments on it every time I take it shooting, so it has that cool-looking factor (haha "Tacti-cool"), but it is primarily built for maneuverability, efficiency and simplicity when handling a situation.

I don't have a pistol-grip on it, for I greatly prefer having the stock rest against my chest/shoulder region for greater accuracy and recoil management.

Just my opinion though!
-Chris

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks for the input guys. What do you think of this deal:

Gander mtn has the Benelli SuperNova tactial on sale for $349 after $50 rebate.
Its a great shotgun. I just picked one up with the pistol grip stock. I paid 319 after rebate.. I love it so far. I really like the fact it can shoot anything from 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 shells as well as stop it from loading from the magazine with the touch of a button so that you can manually load a different type of round.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.