Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got my old 870 with a long barrel and 3 shot tube but i would really like a short barrel with 5+ tube and ghost sights and integrated pistol grip in the stock. and i will be mounting a tac light to the front.

so what should i check out?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive got my old 870 with a long barrel and 3 shot tube but i would really like a short barrel with 5+ tube and ghost sights and integrated pistol grip in the stock. and i will be mounting a tac light to the front.

Keep your current 870; chop your barrel, or get a new barrel; buy a Wilson/Scattergun +2 mag extension, buy a stock of the type you like, and look at getting some Track-Lock sights installed (or DIY--it's not that hard).

Or--send your current 870 to Wilson/Scattergun, and they'll do it all for you...;)

Odds are, you can modify what you have for less than a new shotgun would cost.

Either that, or buy another 870 or Mossberg 590 with the features you want.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

If your shotgun is only holding 3 shells it has a plug in the mag. tube that you need to remove

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really looking for a "tactical" shotgun since I'm not in law enforcement nor thinking a bg is gonna come busting through my little home (yes, I know it could happen), but I'm looking at an inexpensive Mossy or Remington 12g pump for camping.

One of the chokeless Mossberg combos seems good with its pistol grip (ouch, but two shots should be max for that 2 or 4 legged animal) and barrel option. I plan to have it in a backpack on hikes.

Although I know you get what you pay for at that pricepoint I like the Remington "feel." But I'm a cheap bastard and know the lower priced Mossy will more than do the job for a "tactical" or SD pump up there in them hills.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an 870 that I converted to a tactical shotgun, Side saddle, 18.5" police barrel, AR-15 style 6 position stock with an extra 3 round holder on it, heat shroud and ghost ring sights, three rail forend with tack light and laser sight. Full upgrade was around $300 since I already had the shotgun. Fun to shoot!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a gun but I don't know how to use. Please help me
****....I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU ...ARE KIDDING...Because if you are NOT kidding that is a VERY scary thought, the fact that some fool has a gun that he probably bought because
1) Obama got elected
2) he thinks having a gun makes him "cool and irresistible" to the ladies

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your safety AND the safety of those around you take a basic gun training course OR have someone cose to you that knows about guns at least teach you the basics because I for one would HATE to log in one day and see a thread titled new XDtalk member accidentally shot himself in the face because he was looking down the barrel of the gun to see if it was infact loaded

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really looking for a "tactical" shotgun since I'm not in law enforcement nor thinking a bg is gonna come busting through my little home (yes, I know it could happen), but I'm looking at an inexpensive Mossy or Remington 12g pump for camping.

One of the chokeless Mossberg combos seems good with its pistol grip (ouch, but two shots should be max for that 2 or 4 legged animal) and barrel option. I plan to have it in a backpack on hikes.

Although I know you get what you pay for at that pricepoint I like the Remington "feel." But I'm a cheap bastard and know the lower priced Mossy will more than do the job for a "tactical" or SD pump up there in them hills.
You need to understand though that a "tactical" shotgun is about as good as it gets for a home defense gun for a number of reasons, The MAIN one being manuverability in and around the house and the confined quarters of rooms and is not just for the "tacticool" appearance

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Modifying the gun you have is going to be cheaper and keep a familiar gun in your hands. When the SHTF, a single familiar weapon is worth a dozen that you have never shot before (maybe more ;)).

With that said ... I am VERY happy with my Mossberg 930 SPX. If you're looking for a reason to buy another shotgun, you should seriously consider the SPX.

Pattern with 00 Buck at 12 yards (the holes off the target were from previous shots) ...

... every single pellet (save one) is inside the outline of the head. That's what you want when a two-legged critter is coming after you.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Modifying the gun you have is going to be cheaper and keep a familiar gun in your hands. When the SHTF, a single familiar weapon is worth a dozen that you have never shot before (maybe more ;)).

With that said ... I am VERY happy with my Mossberg 930 SPX. If you're looking for a reason to buy another shotgun, you should seriously consider the SPX.

Pattern with 00 Buck at 12 yards (the holes off the target were from previous shots) ...

... every single pellet (save one) is inside the outline of the head. That's what you want when a two-legged critter is coming after you.
Bead or ghost ring sights?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts