Shotgun Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two things:
1. Ugly cheap guns don't make targets break better either. And your heirs won't enjoy them as much.
2. I'm on your side here, Bob.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
usually guns that carry hi grade engraving are good guns. its like the choice of proper canvas for a fine oil painting.
putting hand engraved gold inlays on a mossberg 500 would an example of my analogy.
so...a gun with hi grade engraving immediately tells the viewer its most likely a well built gun.
and sure......a lot of gun co's put (cheap faux) engraving on cheap guns to fake it for people looking for something pretty on a budget.
and in the case of my pic of the crown grade krieghoff 32.....yeah....id shoot that with confidence.

Reactions: RKB

·
Registered
433 Posts
Life's too short to go through it shooting ugly guns.

Design can be beauty too. Nothing special about this little 870 except it is in and of itself a thing of beauty.

Kodensha/Nikko made OU. Kinda pretty.

Even knives can be a thing of beauty.

I love pretty rifles too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agnew & Sons of Exeter 12 bore side by side

inherited recently cannot find any info on it , proofed twice in birmingham by cogwell and harrison , i think serial 10040 dates to approx 1910 . anyone heard of these before i can only find 2 on internet .

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
inherited recently cannot find any info on it , proofed twice in birmingham by cogwell and harrison , i think serial 10040 dates to approx 1910 . anyone heard of these before i can only find 2 on internet .
That is lovely. The breech to barrel look is definitely turn of the Century look. Very sweet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm more of a classic firearms person so that is what I have in the way of shotguns.
1936 Winchester Red Letter model 37 in 12 gauge. It's actually my brother's but he lives in Japan so no firearms allowed. A beautifully balanced shotgun.
Wood Metal Gun accessory Natural material Office supplies
1959 Winchester break down model 12 in 12 gauge with slam fire action. The grandson loves to shoot this one.
Nature Plant Wood Grass Machine
1950s Stevens model 124 in 12 gauge. Odd limited production model but shoots real nice.
Plant Vehicle Building Automotive tire Grass
1950s Stevens model 77C in 12 gauge. This was actually a Baltimore PD riot gun. They cut the barrel down and installed the sights. A friend bought it at a Baltimore city surplus equipment auction, I bet they don't do that anymore, and then sold it to me.
Trigger Bumper Gun accessory Engineering Font
1940s Stevens model 59 in .410 bore. Tube fed bolt action. Smooth as silk.
Plant Grass Wood Biome Automotive tire
1960s Savage model 24 in 22 magnum and 20 gauge. Perfect little poachers firearm. Or so I've heard. :cool:
Home appliance Machine Gas Rectangle Metal
Probably the most unusual shotgun in my safe. My uncle's Iver Johnson Champion in 14mm with a patent date of 1915 stamped on receiver.
It had a totally incorrect butt-stock held in place with bailing wire and old cloth fiber electricians tape, classic hillbilly engineering, on it when I acquired it. I found a correct butt-stock and if I can locate a .410 barrel in decent condition I'll shoot it but for now it's just an interesting wall hanger.
Wood Tool Fashion accessory Metal Everyday carry
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.....................

61 - 68 of 68 Posts