Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
I know!..............

find me one!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Another member of my "top 10":
I am not that familiar with this type gun could you give us some "particulars" on it.
Thanx

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
ljutic was a famous experimental gun designer who recently passed. he was way ahead of his time.
he has a shop on the west coast in Washington and his son is currently hand making them.

the 2nd gun you see is the famous sbt space gun non recoiling shotgun. its a very desirable gun.
the 1st one pictured is a very rare 4 bbl skeet gun. only 15 +/- were made.
they are all built like tanks and command high prices. the best of the best covet them for reliability, simple design, and smooth operation.

all are custom made to buyers dimensions. buying a used one will cause you to run into many things that need to be changed to fit you. there is nothing cheap abut them. each is literally hand fitted.

I always wanted one, but I went thru life on an enlisted mans income and settled for lesser cost guns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The picture is of a Ljutic Spacegun. #115 of 200 made. It is more of a novelty, but not to be sold short. It is an excellent trap gun with extremely low felt recoil, just a little tricky to get use to. Not as rare as the 4 barrel skeet set, but still rare and prized by their owners so they don't come up for sale often.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
weapon?...............

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Too gaudy, I'd have to pass. Gold on a shotgun is not to my liking.
Going back a page and looking at the Space Gun - a member of my club at the now-defunct George AFB Rod & Gun back in the late '80's bought one and brought it out one Sunday afternoon for 'show & tell'. We went out to trap #2 and he loaded it and handed it to me after showing me how that weird thing worked. I called for the bird and smoked it. He gave me another round and I smoked it too. After getting his permission to try a full round of trap with it, I went for my pouch and ammo, then proceeded to miss the first shot - but that was the last shot that I missed. Ended up shooting two rounds, and 49/50 absolutely SMOKED targets after that, it felt like that thing was made to my specs. Dad-burn it, he wouldn't sell it to me!! Softest shooting, most naturally-pointing 12ga that I ever fired.
Sadly, several months after that, he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and chose not to suffer through it. His estate sold all his guns in a bulk sale so I had no chance at the Space Gun.
RIP, friend.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
guns are the only pretty things i own. everything else is for farm use or handmedowns. so...gawdy works for me!

Reactions: The Happy Kaboomer

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
not if doesnt cost a lot!

and i do find humor in that coming from someone who lives in long island! :>

·
Registered
613 Posts
One man's "gaudy" is another man"s "splendiferous".
One of the best pieces of advice I ever received growing up was...… "When you make any purchase always buy the best you can afford.You will never be disappointed !"

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
granted, pretty guns dont make targets break better, but it is a nice form of art.
and there isnt many art forms that you can take outside and use that i know of.

Reactions: RKB

·
Registered
613 Posts
granted, pretty guns dont make targets break better, but it is a nice form of art.
and there isnt many art forms that you can take outside and use that i know of.
I wasn't talking about "pretty" I was addressing functionality . The best golf clubs, the best fishing reel, the best fitting shoes, the best functional gun, etc.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts