Shotgun Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
heres a file photo of the kind of guns we loan to shooters at the pigeon farm. winchester model 50.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gonna try and put up a few pics of "the beaters"...... lol ...

a few of the bolt guns....

a few of the "centenarian club"...

off season practice...

Browning Model 12 28 gauge Gr V and a 1948 Winchester model 12

three Spanish ladies....12 , 16 , and 20

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum, William! Nice pics, especially that 16ga senorita. I love the 16ga, it was the first gun of any type that I fired, and still have it - an old 16ga Ithaca M37R, 1941 vintage gun, my Dad's shotgun. He's gone now, but I feel awfully close to him when I shoot that old gun - and I do it often!
Good folks here, please stick around and help liven this site up a bit! We're glad to have you on board.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
william. where in the n.e are you? i was born in conn..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome RKB. I've been a "lurker" here for a while , but just got around to signing up. I also like the 16 gauge and currently have 7. I'm a little further south than you Bobski , almost at the intersection of NJ , PA and DE. I've enjoyed your posts about the Model 50. Having just become the proud owner of a FW model myself. I also own an early example of the "dreaded" 1400 , and can say I've yet to experience any problems with it. I have a clean 1500xtr also. All total I have around 40 or so shotguns from .410 , 28 gauge , 20 , 16 and 12 gauges and about a dozen rifles from .22 up to .450 Marlin. I look at it like this ..... women have shoes , I have shotguns. I enjoy reading the posts on here and various other forums about models I have and others I don't.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
i shoot at omelagandon near the del-mem bridge regulary on my trips home. am i close?
been there done that on the 40 gun thing. i got tired of cleaning them so i started chisling away at the numbers.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
if you ever need info on the FW, just let me know. post up pics!

·
Registered
17 Posts
bobski , I'm about 15 mins from the Del Mem Br and 15 mins from the Commodore Barry Bridge.....so yeah , you're close. LOL.... I did a little research on my 50 and it is not marked FW but does have the A suffix. I believe its around a '57 or '58 vintage plain barrel mod choke gun. I test fired it , cleaned it and made room for it in the shrinking safe. Haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet , but it will be at the front of the rotation for sure. Most of my guns just "fell into my lap" as did this one. I was not at all familiar with the floating chamber. Learn somethin' new every day. I try to take out a different gun each time I go out. I have guns I cant miss with and I have guns I don't shoot good at all.(2009 Benelli Montefeltro Silver 20 ga.) The only thing keeping me from selling that thing is my 12 yr old son has taken a liking to it. Note to self......I gotta get that boy turned on to one of my A5's.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
a' suffix means its an early featherweight. alloy receiver. note the hole in the bolt pullback channel? they did that to keep them from cracking. i can give you a birthdate with a serial number. just lmk, be glad to help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Bobski , its 1769xxA . I've had it for about 6 months and IIRC I looked it up when I first got it and I think it was 1961. I prefer older guns from say , late 50's and older. A lot of people look at older guns and think they are obsolete or ugly , mostly because they're not black plastic... lol.. or the wood may need a little freshening up. I jump all over them. I'll try and get a pic or two of her up soon. thanks again....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's the right side of the receiver.......

.....the wood was a little "tired" when I bought it. A little citrus stripper and a good sanding later , and presto !!!! After I sanded it , I started to go the linseed route , but I liked the way the wood looked so much , I left it alone. It won't see heavy use or bad weather. I have a "plastic" Mossberg for the nastier days afield.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few of 'em...I'll find more later:

1962 Sweet 16

1950 Std. 12ga

1956 Light 12

1960 12ga Magnum

1972 12ga Magnum w/ Inv+ barrel

Miroku 12ga Magnum

12ga Magnum Stalker

With my Gold

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if I'm in the right place.

I just bought a Charles Daly O/U but Miroku. I have not been able to find out much about the gun, the year, or to even discover the model (I know it isn't a Superior.

I will try to post some pichures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if I'm in the right place.

I just bought a Charles Daly O/U but Miroku. I have not been able to find out much about the gun, the year, or to even discover the model (I know it isn't a Superior.

I will try to post some pichures.

It has a full and modified fixed chokes

21 - 40 of 68 Posts