Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A guy on shotgun world says it attaches with 2 #6-48 machine screws. Shotgunworld.com • View topic - Tacticooling a Mossberg 835 Ultra-Mag

When you call them see if they will give you a release date for the 2nd gen handgun TFO's. I think it was supposed to be end of 1st quarter 2010.
well i would like to be able to install it without having to have a gunsmith do drilling and tapping, but i will let you know what truglo says, i will ask about the gen2 sights also

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of these on my mossberg. I bought it at Bass Pro for about $15. It is adhesive so you just stick it on right in front of the bead. It's very bright when out in the sun.
Are you sure that's a TFO sight and not one of there universal fiber optic sights. The TFO sights have tritium in them so they will also work in low/no light conditions.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i cant get through to them at all, i tried sending an email request, but they need a phone number and when i put mine in it kept saying invalid number (i tried every phone # format i could think of and none worked)

i also have tried calling twice but it just gives me their hours of operation, and i cant ever get through to talk to a person

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know when I put my XS Big Dot on my 870, I just used some JB weld; however, the XS also goes over the front bead.
How long have you had the JB weld holding it together. I talked to Mike Orlean about taping and installing my choke and sight. He said he would not mount the sight using the screw it comes with, due to the choke intall. I was thinking of using JB weld, or 5 minute epoxy.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe the $13.00 TruGlo sight is a normal fiber optic sight with a snap-n or magnetic base. The TFO sight has a 5mm fiber optic with a tritium vial in the back. The tritium vial will light the fiber at night. The fiber and the vial are contained in a metal cage, held down by 2 number 6 screws.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe the $13.00 TruGlo sight is a normal fiber optic sight with a snap-n or magnetic base. The TFO sight has a 5mm fiber optic with a tritium vial in the back. The tritium vial will light the fiber at night. The fiber and the vial are contained in a metal cage, held down by 2 number 6 screws.
Yes I know but didn't notice any magnet base. snapped on pretty tight. I went the cheaper impulse buy route cause i saw it at Academy. Better than my plain bead sight.

HOME DEFENSE FIBER OPTIC UNIVERSAL SHOTGUN SIGHT
SKU# TG92HA

COLOR << SELECT >>REDGREEN

Selected Item Price

U/M
EA Price
dealers onlyPurchase

Please contact your local Dealer/Retailer for pricing
From QtyTo QtyPrice1Or Greater$ 22.00

NEW! HOME DEFENSE FIBER OPTIC
UNIVERSAL SHOTGUN SIGHT - PLAIN BARREL
  • Designed for plain barrel shotguns.
  • Easy installation.
  • Extremely low profile.
  • Ultra-tough construction.
  • Fiber diameter is .078".
12-20 ga.:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.