Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what lights people have tried or looked at. The Surefire foreend light is familiar to many of us but it's getting pretty long in the tooth and the price is, well, at Surefire levels. This summer I had a look at the new Eotech Foreend Light, a very compact and well thought out design, cheaper and brighter than the Surefire, and Eotech is no fly by night company. Anyway, the Eotech is now on my 'want' list for Christmas. What's more fun for a big kid in the dark nights of December than a flashlight, I ask you?

Anyway, anyone got opinions on, or even better, experience with this light?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
145 Posts
On my FN SLP MK1 I went with a Procyon LED with strobe function, mounted it on a stud mounted small rail that has it's own stud so I can still use a sling

On my Moss 500 I just used the cheap Tac Star barrel clamp and a small AA battery LED flashlight. On that gun it will be used only for close range home defense and for final target ID if needed, using the temporary tailswitch with my forward thumb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe put on a Streamlight TLR light on the forend!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I clamped a surefire to the mag tube with the figure 8 style clamp and ran a pressure switch to it, glued some velcro onto the pump and velcroed the pad in place, works well even after 5 or 6 years or so. I can activate the light while racking the sucker, I just squeeze with my thumb; put it all the way forward on the left side of the pump itself.

The pistol lights are bright enough but most are not as durable as a surefire style light, if you are not careful, you can easily break them. Mounting them isn't always the easiest either as you need some sort of rail adaptor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the New Laserlyte Shotgun Tri Rail Mount Mag Tub Fits Any 1" Shotgun Tube and the UTG 2-in-1 Tactical LED Flashlight with Red Laser. I have not had the chance to get out and shoot it as of yet, just too many doctor appointments. I did find fairly easy to mount on my 870 Tactical, I found the hardest thing to do after mounting was removing the laser back cap sliding in the four lithium batteries and replacing the cap with a remote switch. I do have fairly large fingers which could of contributed to the problem, but I did get it on without cussing one time. Found it on Amazon, anytime I see Mesa Tactical and/or Surefire just makes my wallet cringe. They are are some of the best, but for the price they charge I could buy three maybe four other accessories that I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the utg flash light and laser combo on my mossberg 500 with the black aces tactical rail, and the light is bright enough as is the laser, but i'm thinking about switching to a streamlight tlr 3 because i can have my hand on the fore end after i've loaded the shot gun and either turn the light on with thumb or just flick it on for a sec which i can't do as easily with my utg, without using the pressure switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered the magpul forend and a surefire x300 ultra. I think it will make a food combo. I love the look of the magpul furniture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts