Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Tacstar mag extension today to add 3 shells for HD. This is on my late '60s Wingmaster 20. Everything went together fine so I loaded 8(5+3) and the eighth shell wouldn't clear into the mag by about an 1/8" maybe 3/16". Checked that the spring was seated in the follower and tried again a couple of times. Same result. I think the spring is a tad too long so I think that I need to cut off a little of the spring. Question is how much for maybe a 1/4" to easily get that eighth shell in the mag.

Also, should I get the bracket to hook the mag extension to the barrel? Seems pretty solid. Mind you, this is the 12 ga. frame with the 20 ga. Barrel(1969 gun).

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of follower are you using? Could it be your limiting factor? There are some that are just a thick disc, others have a projecting "tail" to guide the spring. You need the former if you are going to take maximum advantage of your extended tube.

As for the clamp between barrel and mag tube, adding that little bit of bracing couldn't possibly hurt... I would feel a lot better with it installed. Hope this will help.

Froggie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts