Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To preface this, I’m a bit of a recoil junky the more it kicks the better. I’m looking at using 7 .45 caliber round balls to make a sort of super buck shot. That should come out to about 2.144 oz of payload. Which is within the max for a 3.5 inch twelve gauge. Does anyone have experience with a load similar to this, that might be able to give me some pointers in developing this load.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since it is doubtful many or maybe even any, others have worked with such buckshot; you should take whatever you develop and get it properly tested. Tom Armbrust still does it for $5/shell and he requires 5 as a minimum. After testing then you will know what your shell produces in many areas such as pressure, velocity, standard deviation, etc. Be safe.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I'll make sure to use that, it sound well worth it. $5 a shell for a test is a lot cheaper than a hospital visit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
thanks, I'll make sure to use that, it sound well worth it. $5 a shell for a test is a lot cheaper than a hospital visit.
The final advantage to having safe & properly tested loads, is that you could then publish the data for others to try if they are also "recoil junkies". Let us know what you find out as I am interested solely from an "academic" point of view because I am recoil averse in every way! :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts