Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had posted a question about the Mossberg 930 ...went to local candy shop to handle one ( not sure if its appropriate to mention names - but for anybody in OHIO --VANCES rules!) . I gotta admit I really like the 930 , while I was there the guy behind the counter showed me autos from Stoeger and Weatherby . The Weatherby had a nice feel with ghost ring / fiber front sights . Bolt cycled nice and it was like $449---what am I missing ???? this also looked a lot like Stoeger action which LOOKS LIKE BENELLI inertia action --both of these were about $200 lower in price

at the end of the day I am still pretty partial to the 'berg - that weapon is one fine shotty :mrgreen: --- but if I could save some sheckles ....perhaps the others are worth looking at

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 930 and am mostly happy with it. I've been having some ejector problems that I'm still trying to figure out. I had to send my gun back to Mossberg and there was corrosion near the gas piston. Not sure how that occurred as I've only had it for a couple months. Anyway Mossberg got it back to me in 8 days (awesome!!), but had a few more issues. However, believe it is associated with the ammo. Federal seems to shoot a little better than the Winchester target loads from Walmart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.