Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called Stevens not to much help all she told me it is a 3mm bead
I know this is a low price gun but the manual is very weak, Some things I have found out this week.
You can get extended chokes from TRULOCK for the 12 gauge and maybe others.
The Limbsaver recoil pad that is just about a perfect fit for wood stock is Model 10800
about $32.00 on line.The stock bolt requires a 10MM socket to remove.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never heard from Stevens/Savage, but I checked with a smith, told me earlier guns were pressed, later threaded. Told me to just give it a twist. It was threaded. 3-56/2.6mm. Put on a fiber optic, used some blue lock-tite.

I don't know the s/n or year of the switch over from press to thread. Mine is new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing a stevens 555E in 12 gauge with a 28 inch barrel. I had looked a sporting guns and like the mid point bead on the ventilated rib. I talked with a gun smith who told me he could install a mid point bead on the rib for $30 but needed to know the distance from the front site ( end of barrel ). The main reason for the purchase is the price as well as I am a left handed shooter living a right handed gun world. The gun felt good to me.
I have researched this and have come up empty. Anybody have any idea on the distance ? thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing a stevens 555E in 12 gauge with a 28 inch barrel. I had looked a sporting guns and like the mid point bead on the ventilated rib. I talked with a gun smith who told me he could install a mid point bead on the rib for $30 but needed to know the distance from the front site ( end of barrel ). The main reason for the purchase is the price as well as I am a left handed shooter living a right handed gun world. The gun felt good to me.
I have researched this and have come up empty. Anybody have any idea on the distance ? thanks
My 25" 410's are 12 1/2 inches...so right in the middle. Both my 28" 12's are at 13 from the front bead. 26" 12 gauge is 13". All pretty much in the middle. 28 gauges are buried in the back of the safe and didn't feel like digging them out.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd just add a magnetic fiber optic sight.
I've used them a lot on my field Beretta guns and they work excellent and have never come loose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts