Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know some history and maybe a way to date this gun. Its the first thing I ever owned, given to me by grandfather as soon as mom said she was having his first grandson. Papa tried 4 times for a boy and had 4 girls, lol. Was passed to my son the same way. I honestly don't care if its worth a wooden nickle it holds value to us as a family gun. My researching it for the past few days I already know its not a 870 and entry level gun. There's no history of springfield or any shotguns with their names on them besides the military version on the net.

My main question is how to date it?

Next question is what's with the series (a-z it seems)? At first I thought is was what gauge but I've seen all gauges with the same series. Next I thought it might be barrel length but same story.

Thanks for any helpful info. For anybody that just wants to say its cheap get a different gun, its one of 20 shotguns, and one of 98 guns. I don't need to do anything but enjoy it. Sorry for being bitter but this aint the first forum I've asked about this gun and I'm tired of the riff-raff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and I wish you the best of luck in researching the history of your family heirloom gun.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one, had it for 30 years, and couldnt find much about it other than the 67E was the model used in Vietnam.
Ive run thousands of rounds thru it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts