Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my 28ga 725 Sporting out for a round of sporting Clays, man, what a blast!

I really like the little gun 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I almost bought a baby frame Beretta, I'm glad I didn't. The weight and balance of the 725 is nearly perfect.

I usually shoot 1oz loads from a 12ga, I didn't see much point in getting a 20. The 28 seemed like it would be a better choice for me...I'm glad I went that way.

The 28 for Sporting Clays is a hoot, I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These days, I shoot mostly Sporting, the range is 40 miles away. The nearest Skeet/Trap is 70 miles away, so it's an easy decision is easy.
I do enjoy shooting Skeet, but with the traffic around here it's a two hour drive each way...just not worth it to me.

Registered
I moved to 20 and 28 gauge about a year ago via an SKB 600 w/ 2 barrels. Justified the move because of less powder and shot and age and Agent Orange neuropathy. I haven't looked back at my 12 gauge. Shoot Sporting Clays exclusively and having a ball. Got several podiums and even tied the club champion for top gun at last months club match. Me with the 28, he with a 12. Retirement life is about as good as I could wish for. Next move is to take a shot at that redhead at the end of the bar. :devilish:

Registered
Dang Buck you got it going on. Glad to hear the shooting and retirement is top notch with you. Keep us up dated on the redhead!!! LOL

About the only thing I do not like about where I live is that the 4 sporting clubs that were within an hour from my old house are now 2.5-4 hours EACH way
And to think I was feeling sorry for myself because I had to go 1-1/2 hours each way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The nearest range to me is about 45 minutes away. They rarely change targets, many of them are the same as they were 10 years ago...BORING.
The next closest is an hour away, it's where I go most of the time. 18 stations, 4 machines on each, frequent target changes. They also have a wicked, elevated 5-Stand, the most challenging I've been to.
After that, they are a minimum of 2 hours away. I don't visit them very often, I don't like driving that much.

Reactions: oneounceload

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't shot Skeet with mine yet...
But, my old Skeet coach passed away a few weeks ago. There is going to be a memorial shoot in his honor in August and I will shoot it there. He was a big fan of the 28ga, he won the World Senior 28ga championship many years ago. So, I will shoot it in remembrance of him...

Reactions: ramblinrebel
1 - 14 of 14 Posts