Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Did something different Tuesday. Shot a round of Sporting Clays followed by my 2nd time trying Wobble Trap.

Wobble's not as easy as it looks.
Mrs.One eyed and I like shooting "Wobble Trap" when we finish a round of Trap shooting. Those low flying (3 feet off the deck} outgoing are very frustrating but, break one of them and you are a Hero !

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure I hate myself enough to do ZZ birds.:)

However, when my club bought their ZZ setup, the shotgun field manager asked me to show him how to wire it to do something it wasn't meant to do, so I am familiar with the electronics to a degree.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot my third round of wobble trap yesterday. The first time was around 4 years ago and the second 2 weeks ago.

Hit 18 using a 20 gauge and 7/8 oz of #8s

Ran the first 10 then started thinking about it and blew a few shots.

The guy who shot just before me was using a .410 bore pump and 3" shells with #7.5 shot and he hit 8 total. I thought that was pretty respectable.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never shot bunker but the guys I shot wobble with all have at a range up north around 60 miles or so called Ben Avery.

From what I heard, a lot of the cost was from donations from shooters as a bunker setup is pretty expensive.

·
Super Moderator
6,868 Posts
I ran across these photos of a new bunker trap (I think international). 15 traps. I think this was South America (possibly Argentina). Initial costs must have been incredible but I bet a lot of fun.

View attachment 15444 View attachment 15445 View attachment 15446 View attachment 15447
There are bunker set ups in Tampa and Gainesville here in Florida. Just north in S. GA there is a club with TWO full bunker set-ups as the owner coaches young kids in Int'l trap and Int'l skeet:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I once shot a 249 and a 248 in the same year in San Antonio in 12 gauge. I tried to blank that 100 bird International out of my mind, but I think it was around a 75. lol

Their birds were always nice though. I did get to shoot in a .410 practice event with Wayne Mayes way back when. It was an honor and of course he shot a 100. I miss those days, but even if I could shoot my old scores, I don't think I could afford it these days.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mrs.One eyed and I like shooting "Wobble Trap" when we finish a round of Trap shooting. Those low flying (3 feet off the deck} outgoing are very frustrating but, break one of them and you are a Hero !
Those worm burners are very tough with a gun that is setup to shoot high poi.!
But I think the first time I broke one of those , I lost my composure and yelled YES! .

And yes it is a lot harder than it looks, but a heck of a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts