Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard all the horror stories about opticsale.com but decided to try it cause the price on the specops stock was great. I called to verify that they had it first and ordered one. I guess we'll see how it goes. I paid $88.16 total after using a coupon code.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish you the best of luck on your order - but don't hold your breath. I ordered the same stock and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks, I called them. They advised it was on backorder and would "arrive in a few days." Waited another week+ and called again. A different "customer service" :roll: agent said it "would be 1 or 2 weeks more, maybe longer." With that, I asked to cancel the order and they did so without much issue. I still check my credit card statements to ensure there are no problems and have kept the eMail confirmation on cancelling the order. Went to another Internet based retailer and received the stock 3 days after ordering! Worth the extra $2.00 in price over the Opticsales debacle!

BTW - do a BBB (Better Business Bureau) and/or a "reviews" search on Opticsales. :-o

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish you the best of luck on your order - but don't hold your breath. I ordered the same stock and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks, I called them. They advised it was on backorder and would "arrive in a few days." Waited another week+ and called again. A different "customer service" :roll: agent said it "would be 1 or 2 weeks more, maybe longer." With that, I asked to cancel the order and they did so without much issue. I still check my credit card statements to ensure there are no problems and have kept the eMail confirmation on cancelling the order. Went to another Internet based retailer and received the stock 3 days after ordering! Worth the extra $2.00 in price over the Opticsales debacle!

BTW - do a BBB (Better Business Bureau) and/or a "reviews" search on Opticsales. :-o
Yeah I hope my experience goes better than yours did. Did you call to make sure they had it in stock before ordering? I've heard that they don't update the website often. I called before ordering and they said they had 10 in stock at the time.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock came in yesterday! UPS left it outside the security door though and didn't even call on the intercom :mad:

Will I be ordering from them again? Probably. I just make sure I call and verify whatever I'm ordering is in stock right before buying. Yes I was on hold for a long time before talking to someone but it was worth knowing that they had it. even though my experience was positive, I still have a feeling that I'm playing russian roullette with this company considering all the bad reviews they have received.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts