Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son in law's brother passed away a couple weeks ago and while cleaning up the house and trying to identify all his antiques he came across the shotgun/rife with no markings on it. I've been trying to find out what it is and with no markings on it that he can find it's impossible. I'm at a loss so I'm hoping someone here might have a clue.
Wood Shotgun Knee Human leg Hand tool
Shoe Wood Shotgun Musical instrument Human leg
Textile Wood Vision care Eyewear Rectangle
Wood Bag Eyewear Luggage and bags Tints and shades

·
Registered
627 Posts
Guessing a rifle based on the rear stock, hammers and receiver. Remove the front fore-end piece (if possible) and there should at least be some proof marks there. That can go a long way in telling where it was built.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Consulted a buddy. This was his response. I would trust his opinion on just about anything firearm related.

That's a Belgium made gallery gun, probably in 9mm rimfire. One bore may be rifled and the other smooth-bore. Swivel lock on the foreend holds it together. 1880s to 1890s would be my guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Consulted a buddy. This was his response. I would trust his opinion on just about anything firearm related.

That's a Belgium made gallery gun, probably in 9mm rimfire. One bore may be rifled and the other smooth-bore. Swivel lock on the foreend holds it together. 1880s to 1890s would be my guess.
Thanks for information its greatly appreciated, and yes one bore is rifled and the other is smooth-bore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts