Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, After much deliberation I sold my Benelli M4 today. It was a great gun to mess around in the field with but not too hot for hunting and much too large and heavy for a house gun. Also it was very limited if you wanted to dress/beef it up with some nice accessories.
for hunting I have my old (1964 Rem 1100) and used for everything from deer to rabbits as well as clays. It's just been one hell of a shotgun and still is.
For some reason I got the itch for a tactical SG a few years ago for home defense and as it turned out I made the mistake of thinking top dollar was the way to go for a reliable house gun. Anyway when I saw this forum I decided to do some research and questioning of the folks with the experience of putting together an awesome home defense scattergun.
Note: My nightstand gun is either an HK 45C with Crimson trace laser loaded with 8+1 HPD's or a SW Gov with a crimson trace laser and loaded with two double 00 410's and 4 HPD 45's.
I still want a great tactical SG to have under the bed with all the fixens and with as large a magazine capacity of (real mean, no monkey business 3".12 ga shells) as possible.
If your willing I could really use your advice in putting together this bad boy.
Thanks,
JimK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sold my M4 today

Taznab 1, Looks like you did a fine job on that 110 0. Would you mind telling me what all you did getting it to this point?
Thanks, JimK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure... I started off with the Remington 1100 tac 4 shot gun. That comes with composit stock. It comes already with a 4 shot extension tube. It's chambered for just 2 3/4 shells only. Thats straight from Remington. NO problem there.. I don't mind. I added an ATI pistol Grip stock along with a ATI cheek rest. The scope mount is a Weaver scope mount rail. Model 29. The Halo reflex site/ Red-dot site is a AIM Sport operator model. The flash light mount it an ATI Barrel/magazine tube holder. Or they call it a Flash light mount too.
The Flash light is a Coast G25 series flash light I picked up at Home Depot. It has a push button on the end of the flash light. So its just a finger tip away from the end of the forarm of the shot gun.
It went from this...Autoloading Shotgun - Model 1100 TAC4 - Remington Shotguns - Remington Autoloading
to where it is today. In just over two months of me owning it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JimK,
I too am looking a HD SG and i've pretty much chosen a Mossberg 930 5 shot Tactical. I know it would be a real let down from an M4 but the Mossberg might be a good alternative for you. It will free up some bucks to let you dress the 930 up a little. Check it
out, don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts