12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is #4012 Model 1900 Fine Twist
New Era Nitro Hammerless
12 GA, Side by side

Made in 1923.

Paid $350 bucks for it.

So how did I do?

Also the previous owner suggest light load for shells. Anyone got any brands they would recommend?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He started out with $400 and I talked him down to $350. I have no idea what these run for on the market.
IMO it looks clean and the wood is bright. even if you only display it for art, its beautiful. I know people that spend more than $350 for some ugly piece of sht decoration thing they set in their living room and make people look at when they visit.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMO it looks clean and the wood is bright. even if you only display it for art, its beautiful. I know people that spend more than $350 for some ugly piece of sht decoration thing they set in their living room and make people look at when they visit.
That thing oozes class

Credere, sed verificare

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not for nothin' I have been watching the pawn shows on TV and they tend to not want to use a modern load in older barrels because of manufacturing process in the steel and with age sometimes there are cracks you can't really see all that easily.

it might be worth it to you to get it inspected unless you already did or are just confident in it.

not that I put a lot of stock in whats on tv but it makes sense. maybe someone that knows about it can toss in their 2 cents on it.

That thing oozes class

Credere, sed verificare
it does.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ArmyGuy, that vertical banding in the barrel may indicate a Damascus barrel. I'd strongly suggest having it looked at before you shoot it. Nice looking piece!

Oops. 'Bout 3 posts too late!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts