Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'll hunt ruffed grouse, I really have grown fond of blasting blues. A couple of fat grouse breasts, a bit of Ragu, angel hair pasta and fresh Parmesan, and you have Grouse Parmesan!

I've tried to concentrate my grouse hunting on blues the past few years and I've bonked some big ones. Managed to photograph some of those with test guns over the years for reviews in GUN WORLD and some other mags I write for.

I like hunting in the central Cascades from Cle Elum south to the Tieton River.
No. 6, lead or Bizmuth, really puts them down.

Always looking for new territory, of course. One day when I retire, I aim to pull the plug on Aug. 31 and be in the high country the following morning, and hunt for a month of weekends. Yee Haw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, out here we have tall mountains and big grouse..and new shotguns to take 'em down.

Takes about ten quail to equal one blue grouse on the table.

Good hunting!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dave,
I agree that it takes 10 guail to equal afat grouse on the table, but it is ten times more fun watching dogs work those ten quail.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, out here we have tall mountains and big grouse..and new shotguns to take 'em down.

Takes about ten quail to equal one blue grouse on the table.

Good hunting!
Not if you eat a lot of bread with it! Haven't hunted Blues in years, back in Montana. Keep thinking I'll get after them again but from here, they are a long way off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something I would love to try. Have to put that on a list. Love pheasant hunting and quail. Fun to break up a covey and watch the dog fine the singles. Just picked up a Older 700 SKB and can not wait until opener.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts