Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what everyone does to store their shotgun(s) in their home? I only have one long gun, and I don't have a lot of room, so an actual gun safe is out for me.

Someone in my other thread about handgun safes recommended Mossberg's Loc-Box.

Anybody else here use one of these, or something like it? Currently, my shotgun just sits in the closet on the floor, leaning against the wall. I'd rather have something mounted on the closet wall that will keep it safe and relatively accessible.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you plan on using it for home defense.. a keyed lock might not be the best bet. I rigged up 2 rubber coated hooks in the top front wall of my closet to hold mine. Out of the way, easy to get to, and impossible to see unless you are standing in the closet and look up and back.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you plan on using it for home defense.. a keyed lock might not be the best bet. I rigged up 2 rubber coated hooks in the top front wall of my closet to hold mine. Out of the way, easy to get to, and impossible to see unless you are standing in the closet and look up and back.
I thought of just using hooks above the door (even have the hooks already). But my closet doesn't have a whole lot of room for something like that. It's very shallow and has two sliding doors, so really the only available space is vertically on the wall to the side of one of the doors. The Loc-Box seems perfect for my use, but wanted to see if anyone else uses one.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of just using hooks above the door (even have the hooks already). But my closet doesn't have a whole lot of room for something like that. It's very shallow and has two sliding doors, so really the only available space is vertically on the wall to the side of one of the doors. The Loc-Box seems perfect for my use, but wanted to see if anyone else uses one.
there is also the hooks you slide between your mattresses to hold the gun on the side of the bed. dont remember who makes them tho.
even something as simple as on the floor under some clothes (out of site if the BG gets THAT close) will work too.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is also the hooks you slide between your mattresses to hold the gun on the side of the bed. dont remember who makes them tho.
even something as simple as on the floor under some clothes (out of site if the BG gets THAT close) will work too.
Yet another great idea that I may use, Any idea where to get them as I would like to give them osme looks

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lock box is nice set up behind some curtains in the room. Just unlock before you go to bed and in the morning lock it up if you have little ones and if you do not have kids just leave it unlocked till you leave the house then lock it up.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found it

Full - Sized Hide - A - Frame, Shooting Supplies, Ps Products, Full Size Hide A Gun Frame Picture Photo Long Gun Rifle Shotgun at Sportsman's Guide

Looks like a nice idea. A little tough to swallow at $80, but, it could make sense for people who just keep a defense ready gun out of sight (not away from kids).
You could throw a lock on it if you wanted to. Unlock it at night. Lock it back up in the morning. In my mind, that just calls un-needed attention to it.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
almost like this setup except I have the hooks right above my bedroom closet doors on the inside so that if someone looks in unless they know to look they will most likely not look straight up above the doors, and i can still easily reach up and put the shotty into action without a bunch of crap in the closet getting in the way. helpful when something goes bump in the night in total darkness at like 3am.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's an idea. We'd like to introduce our product, The-BackUp a bedside gun rack, places your shotgun within immediate reach while you're in bed. This can come in very handy during a home invasion because you do not have to get up to access your weapon. Check out The Back-Up :: Home Protection Within Reach to see just how it works.

The-BackUp
That's a cool idea, but doesn't really accomplish what I'm looking for. Sure, it provides easy access for home defense, but is not a storage solution and wouldn't be good with kiddos around. Plus, I think it'd be a hard sell with the wife... you know how women are all concerned with aesthetics and stuff like that. :p

I'm looking for a way to lock up and store my shotgun, not something to provide me instant access. I have my XD45 in my nightstand for immediate access, and worst case scenario, I grab that to get me the 10ft from my bed to my closet to grab my shotty. Regardless, I like the idea, it's just not for me.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
almost like this setup except I have the hooks right above my bedroom closet doors on the inside so that if someone looks in unless they know to look they will most likely not look straight up above the doors, and i can still easily reach up and put the shotty into action without a bunch of crap in the closet getting in the way. helpful when something goes bump in the night in total darkness at like 3am.
Yeah thats how mine is. the inside front wall. Not visible from the bedroom, you have to reach in and up to get it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts