Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was prowling around and seen this on ' another' board so thought I'd ask it here. What shooting glasses do you wear, what color lenses? I wear Randolph Rangers. Purple in bright, sunny days. Orange or Vermillion on dark or cloudy days.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Was prowling around and seen this on ' another' board so thought I'd ask it here. What shooting glasses do you wear, what color lenses? I wear Randolph Rangers. Purple in bright, sunny days. Orange or Vermillion on dark or cloudy days.
When shooting SC's in the woods I usually use LM Purple when I shoot on overcast days I will shoot a bright yellow.

·
Super Moderator
6,691 Posts
Rangers with a scrip lens in their darker of the two purple. Where I shoot with a lot of green background and intermittent clouds, they seem to be the best for MY eyes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I used to use Decot's until I needed a prescription. Now, I try and find a pair of prescription that ride up high enough to not cause me any issues. Medium charcoal colored lenses.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You are aware that Decots are available in your personal prescription, right?
And if you have a decent optometrist and tell them what you're doing, they should be able to adjust pupil distance, etc. higher up for shooting
Yeah...I just never pulled the trigger on that. :rolleyes: :cool:

My current pair I use are an aviator style that ride up nicely. They are also lined bifocals that I worked with the eyeglass place to put them low enough to not interfere with any of my shooting, but still be functional for my close vision needs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use Rangers, lite Yellow lenses. I have a friend that is also a shooter, who owns a optical lab. He makes my lenses for me, he knows what I want, and understands shooting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts