Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks…a few months ago I put a SB4 brace on my Shockwave. I didn't want to but I can handle it much better. I’ve actually learned to like it. Problem is, it shoots way to high. Any suggestions on lowering the point of impact? I know I have to raise the brace but can’t figure out how to do it? Thanks. Here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks…a few months ago I put a SB4 brace on my Shockwave. I didn't want to but I can handle it much better. I’ve actually learned to like it. Problem is, it shoots way to high. Any suggestions on lowering the point of impact? I know I have to raise the brace but can’t figure out how to do it? Thanks. Here it is.
The low bead combined with short sight radius from the short barrel causes this. A lot people either just compensate for it, or you can install a taller front sight!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Raising the comb will raise the point of impact. Lowering the comb will lower the point of impact.
Send the comb down further if you can make that adjustment and always be sure your cheek is firmly planted on the stock so that the bead looks like it is sitting alone with no barrel leading up to it.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ss. However, if you see the pic I have a brace not a stock.. I cant put a stock on it or it would be a Short Barrel Shotgun. The current classification is An Ordinary Weapon. (I think).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts