Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Savage 220A .410 shotgun that had a broken firing pin. I was able to locate one, and actually replace it (it's a painful, TRICKY process). I broke the slide safety and lost one of the little wire springs in the process, but have those coming later this week. The problem is, after replacing the firing pin, it seems to extend so far that the action won't close. It's supposed to slide into a groove that causes the firing pin spring to compress and "cock" the gun. I can provide photos later if needed, but does anyone have an idea of why this might be?

Thanks in advance,

Warner

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought I had this same problem with my savage 220 20gauge but my fix was simple. I was not pushing the breakdown lever far enough. The pin was protruding out and could not close barrel. The barrel would breakdown and shell would eject but then could not close the action.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You might be able to polish the end of the pin with some rotten-stone to get it to the length you want. Tread carefully. A too long firing pin can be a safety issue....but one to short can also cause problems in misfires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts