Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sam's Club is selling ground Prime Rib for use in making burgers. I think they saw that the American Wagyu Burgers that were going to be sold by Arby's over the course of 2 months sold out in a couple of weeks so they're going to jump on the bandwagon.

While ground Prime Rib isn't American Wagyu, it's going to be pretty close to it in texture and taste.
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Cooking

·
Registered
627 Posts
No Sam's near me nowadays. I was a long-time member when I lived in Galveston County. I refuse to buy meat from Walmart as I never trusted it. That being said, our local Sam's in GC had their own butcher, and I was comfortable buying meat there as they cut and ground in-house. That looks interesting.

I tried the Arby's in Beasley and they were out of the Wagyu burger and the guy told me to come back on Thursday when they re-stocked (it was a Tuesday). I only get to Beasley when I have mail to send, so that was a no-go.

I then visited the Sugar Land Arby's after a Dr. Appt. when I learned they were completely sold out. lol So much for getting my hopes up Flash!!!

I miss the days when I had my own grinder and could blend my own stuff.

I love good meat but trying to eat a teeny bit healthier these days. Cholesterol and Triglycerides are great. With my vascular issues, everything I can do to help is a bonus. I do have a few good Rib-eyes and NY strips on stand-by in the near future for the grill. Other stuff keeps getting in the way lately.

·
Super Moderator
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have my grinder but haven't used it much lately. Sorry you missed the Wagyu Burger as it was great. I guess them selling out so quickly says it all.

My local supermarket carries Snake River Farms American Wagyu filets, strips and ribeye. We go there at 6 AM on Friday, just after they put out the meat manager's specials and frequently pick up a few for 40% off regular price. Take it home and vacuum seal it and stick it in the freezer. Makes for good lower priced meals.

I'm on no prescription drugs at all, my LDL is 131 and my HDL is 99 and my Triglycerides are 50 so I'm okay there except my LDL is a tad high but not bad. OTOH, I pursue animal fats with vigor and that explains it. I tried cutting them out for the most part for a month and my LDL dropped to 100.

DNA is everything.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My last lipid panel was October. 76 HDL, 42 LDL, and 63 Triglycerides. It took me 5 years to get there. I've had three stents in my Iliac arteries and an angioplasty. Plus one really nasty carotid clean out. I wish I had your genes. lol

If you smoke....quit!!

As nasty as it looks...it beats the hell out of a stroke. I couldn't shoot for a few months though. lol

Forehead Jaw Neck Sleeve Ear

·
Super Moderator
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. That's quite a scar. Reminds me of when Mrs. Flash had her spine worked on and they went in through her throat to do it. It looks like someone cut her throat and she survived.

I smoked for 48 years and quit about 14 years ago. Went to the Doc and told him I wanted to know all the damage that smoking had caused, so he did a very thorough check of everything including chest x-ray panels to look at the lungs.

When we had our come to Jesus meeting, he told me that it looked like I never smoked a day in my life. No damage he could see, so I guess I avoided the bullet. OTOH, I only smoked around 3/4 pack a day and I'd light one up, take a drag, set it in the ash tray and go back to what I was doing. When I looked over again, it was burned down all the way so I guess in reality I was only getting something like 1 or 2 cigarettes worth a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts