Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, actually just MP duty, but still cool. Probably get moved to Shotgun forum, but I figured more might see it here first.

Unfortunately also not as a squad weapon yet (although I'm sure some are in service). They are planning a new sentry robot with the Saiga-12 w/ 20-rd drum AND an M-240 (MAG58). Thing looks awesome. Found this on the Saiga-12 forums. Supposedly they will be able to link up to 144 of these things for roaming airbase and nuke plants. RoboCop and Terminator all in one. It's officially started!

BONUS! MD Arms is selling their drum for $100 pre-order right now. These things used to be close to $300, now normal price is $120. And it's NOT because they are POS. These are the only drums, AFAIK, that reliably work in the S-12 right now.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its not truly integrated... it still has a pistol grip.

saiga 12s magazines must be hand fitted making it impossible for a squad weapon. Modularity of platform is a necessity.

md arms mags are sealed. The guy talks funny but his vids are awesome. AA drums cost 300 bucks I don't think MD ever charged nearly that much. Best mags, yes but they still must be hand fitted. so not for the military oh they also have way fewer pieces than the competition.

IMO a 240 is not reliable enough to not have something around to do immediate and remedial action to it while firing. Much too picky about ammo. an M60 would be a better choice IMO even though its max range is 700m less

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not truly integrated... it still has a pistol grip.

saiga 12s magazines must be hand fitted making it impossible for a squad weapon. Modularity of platform is a necessity.
Yea, but you can always use AGP 10-rd mags! Those are plug and play! I think the PG is there in case you need to yank it off and go to town manually! (if that's possible)

There are definite cases of Tromix Saiga's being used overseas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts