Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the name of saving a few $$, cause I'm on a budget, is there any reason why I cannot use a rifled choke on my 12ga. to shoot sabot slugs from my standard smooth bore?

I was curious as to the effectiveness of a rifled choke vs. a rifled barrel. Besides the obvious (more rifling contact with a rifled barrel) If I'm shooting sabot slugs on occasion (rarely) I don't see the need to buy a rifled barrel if I'm not really going to use slugs or even sabot slugs very often at all.

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Oh I'm using a Remmy 870 tacticool, 18.5" barrel.

Thanks in advanced. Didn't want to thread jack the other http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/shotgun-talk/210404-shotgun-slugs.html post.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen.

I figured they would work just fine, but thought the question cost less than a new barrel or the like, just in case. Besides, I've never heard much on whether they work, or not, or really heard anything about them.

Again thanks.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rolleyes:

I love it when people with no practical experience just regurgitate "what they heard".

They work fine. I have a friend who uses one with his 1187; he's taken deer out to 150 with no issues.
Right, I've never hunted with slugs in my life. I have a friend that killed a T Rex with a 22 riding it like a bull too. In fact my friend was a minotaur.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies to the OP...but this need to be dealt with.

Hey, Bub--do you have any direct experience with rifled tubes? Ever fired a shotgun with one, or know somebody who uses one? Or are you just yammering what somebody who didn't ever use one told you...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies to the OP...but this need to be dealt with.

Hey, Bub--do you have any direct experience with rifled tubes? Ever fired a shotgun with one, or know somebody who uses one? Or are you just yammering what somebody who didn't ever use one told you...
None taken, I enjoy a good flame, especially in my defense! LOL

Oh cool! I think I know him! Is his name Bob?

Veni, vidi, edi
I know a Bob, he was a @$$ too LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.