Shotgun Forums banner

Rework original field barrel on my 1100 12 ga.

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ILOVEGUNS 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've been thinking about my extra field barrel that came new with the 1100 12 Ga. The field barrel is a fixed Mod. choke. So after a few years I had it, I decided to buy another barrel that has a Rem. choke system. So for many years I have had the original barrel just sitting around, and knowing I will never use it. So I thought I could send the unused barrel to Vang Barrels. They will modify my original barrel with their special SYSTEM for $200. Do you guys think I should do this, or what.
That would also make my Shotgun a good home defense gun. I think it is a Win, Win. Don't you?

#7 ·
And, again, you could achieve your desired results by having that old field barrel (which you said you will never use) for your intended purpose with a minor alteration. And how does their barrel sypposedly reduce recoil? Recoil is a function of weight, mass and velocity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.