Shotgun Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Woohooo, deal just got better

Stopped out to look at it today

The stock is a knoxx stock...bonus! And the barrel/scope is the standard remington deer package that retails for 259.

And the best news is that the receiver (is this the right name) says 870 wingmaster on it!

Woot!

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sounds like a sweet gun.

The 870 comes in a few different styles. Marine, Express and Wingmaster.

The Marine has a nickel finish to resist corrosion. The Express is parkerized and is the basic model. The Wingmaster is the premier model with slightly better tolerances and comes in a blued finish.

All are dependable and will serve you well for decades with proper maintenance.

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Woohooo, deal just got better

Stopped out to look at it today

The stock is a knoxx stock...bonus! And the barrel/scope is the standard remington deer package that retails for 259.

And the best news is that the receiver (is this the right name) says 870 wingmaster on it!

Woot!
Nothing wrong with is saying wingmaster per-say. That just means this particular gun started out as a bird gun that someone has now "Tactified".

Not that it really matters but i would venture a guess that this particular shotty has seen a good amount of use.

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nothing wrong with is saying wingmaster per-say. That just means this particular gun started out as a bird gun that someone has now "Tactified".

Not that it really matters but i would venture a guess that this particular shotty has seen a good amount of use.
could be, but it sure looks clean and new inside (parts that i can see anyway)

i have a receipt with the serial number on it

anyway to track how old it is....ill have to look later

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's a really nice stock. Another thing I did to mine was put a limbsaver recoil pad in addition to the KNOXX. You wanna talk about recoil reduction? It made my 870 as soft as a pillow with hardly any muzzle rise at all.
That was in the back of my mind to, I have a bunch of insulating rubber left over from an odd job, I may attempt a DIY job

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well there you go. I had one for my wood 870 stock before I changed to the KNOXX. It sat around for a long time until one day the light finally went off in my head. I trimmed the limbsaver to fit over the butt of the KOXX and viola! It made a pretty good difference in felt recoil into a really really big difference. Like almost no felt recoil at all.

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well there you go. I had one for my wood 870 stock before I changed to the KNOXX. It sat around for a long time until one day the light finally went off in my head. I trimmed the limbsaver to fit over the butt of the KOXX and viola! It made a pretty good difference in felt recoil into a really really big difference. Like almost no felt recoil at all.
good to hear, it will definitely be on my list

· Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
has anyone had experience with the 870 express tactical? Specifically can you change the barrel out on these easily as well? I want a HD shotty but also be able to go out and shoot clays with it as well.
The method of operation and disassembly is all the same on the entire 870 series. Swapping barrels on a 870 Tactical should be the exact same as on a standard 870 Express.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.