Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have had a Remington 20 ga 11-87 with rifled barrel and cantilever for deer hunting since 2007. Fired well under 75 rounds of factory sabot slugs.
The action bar block for the BB has failed and a piece of it jammed the action to the rear. Once apart I noticed the break where the cocking stud enters. you can see the crystalline structure of the metal. It appears to me as a part failure from improper heat treatment?
I contacted the Canadian importer as required and they said it is no longer under warranty though I have the original receipt. The Remington warranty online says the lifetime warranty covers such issues.
Where do I go from here to have the shotgun warrantied?

A warranty is useless when they are not honored.
I also own a 1100 in 12 ga and other Remington shotguns in the past and never had this failure.
I believe Remington did not engineer the part for shooting slugs and just added the rifled barrel to sell for shooting sabot slugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello I have had a Remington 20 ga 11-87 with rifled barrel and cantilever for deer hunting since 2007. Fired well under 75 rounds of factory sabot slugs.
The action bar block for the BB has failed and a piece of it jammed the action to the rear. Once apart I noticed the break where the cocking stud enters. you can see the crystalline structure of the metal. It appears to me as a part failure from improper heat treatment?
I contacted the Canadian importer as required and they said it is no longer under warranty though I have the original receipt. The Remington warranty online says the lifetime warranty covers such issues.
Where do I go from here to have the shotgun warrantied?

A warranty is useless when they are not honored.
I also own a 1100 in 12 ga and other Remington shotguns in the past and never had this failure.
I believe Remington did not engineer the part for shooting slugs and just added the rifled barrel to sell for shooting sabot slugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am now told the shotgun is out of warranty. I have seen 1100's with similar failures so this may be a common fault that could add up $$$ if warrantied.
The low round count until failure is not even close to being good.. The shotgun is accurate with 3 " sabot slugs but 2 3/4 are not. A great deer gun until now, at least it didn't fail while hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts