Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an excellent Model 17. I purchased it in 1969. It has checkered forearm, and also solid matted barrel rib. Excellent condition. It is too light of shotgun to shoot clay targets with, but a joy for upland. Has a modified choke which throws Mod Imp patterns.

I have no idea of the value of such guns, mine has the 1915 John Browning Patent date stamped on the barrel. I have never seen one in as good of condition as mine. Pick up one if you get a chance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one that used to belong to my grandfather. I think he got a lot of deer with it (slugs) according to my dad. I had it out a few weeks ago to try out some hand loaded buckshot. I like the smooth strong ejector. I don't have a very good photo of it but I will get one soon.

The buck loads did as good as I need, low recoil for the wife and daughter but kept almost all the lead on target at 25 yards. should take care of anything that would give them trouble around here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I ever find a nice one it's comin' home!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
^^^ Be ready to pay for it, good ones demand - and get - serious prices! I'd love to have one of the solid-rib ones also. It would be a nice accompaniment to my three Ithaca 37R's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts