Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a decent deal on a used 18" 1100 Tactical 12ga. I have never owned a shotgun and never messed with a semi auto one before. Basically, besides the action and bore, I don't know what to look for when buying a used semi auto scatter gun. Any advice? The place I'm getting it from doesn't have a range so I can't shoot it first. It's the same exact thing as the one pictured below.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing you ever really have to replace to keep an 1100 running are the gas seals. Basically, they're just rubber o-rings, and they cost about $2 (maybe). I replace mine once a year whether they need it or not. Unless it was just a lemon from the factory (doubtful), that should be about all you need to do besides cleaning and oiling it.

I have three 1100 12ga shotguns. One from 1963, one from 1978 and one from 2008. All of them run like tops with little other than regular cleaning.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW - The shotgun you pictured is a TAC-2 Remington 1100. If that is indeed what you're buying for $450, that is a HELL-UV-A deal! The TAC-2 is a $700+ shotgun new.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 1100 12 gauge and it's been supremely reliable for me. I've hunted everything from squirrel to deer with it for almost a decade, and 3 generations of hunters in my family have carried it afield. I've also shot quite a lot of trap with it (as much as 3000 rounds per year for several years). Buy one and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked it up today. I decided that I don't like the Lasermax at all really. The gun didn't come with the stock extension tube clamp. Where could I get one?

On to the crappy pics.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I've put around a 100 shells through it so far without issues. Mostly those Winchester Super Target shells and a few Remington 00 buck. The next time out I'm going to grab some weak shells to see what it takes to jam this thing up.

Lastly, every where I look is out of 870/1100 parts. Having trouble finding a decent magazine clamp with a swivel, DMW easy loader and DMW bolt handle. Any tips?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts