Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Remington model 11 in 16 gauge from my research I see that it hold 5 rounds 3 round is the max for hunting here in missouri I'm trying to find an aftermarket plug any tips would be helpful thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
My M11 16ga that I bought at a gun show in St. Joseph, Mo back in 2001 had a magazine plug in it already so you may have one already in it if you haven't checked it But a short piece of dowel rod will work just fine.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
is your model 11 (the sportsman) version? if so, its a 3 shot gun.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The best plug you can have is a homemade one. Take two pieces of wooden dowel, one slightly smaller than the shell rim of the gauge you are using that will just fit inside the magazine tube, and one that will just slide inside the magazine spring. Cut a 1/2 inch or so slice from the larger one and drill it through for the smaller one to just slide in and glue so the finished T shaped wooden rod looks like a thick headed bolt or a nail. Then slide the dowel inside the magazine tube from the cap end and capture the wooden button end between the spring and the magazine cap. Start somewhat longer than you need and cut the smaller dowel down until two shells will enter the magazine, and the third will enter something like one half the way in. The resulting plug will never damage a shell, and it will not slide back and forth in the fore end tube to make any racket.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well i cannot take a bit of credit for this one. My brother bought Remington Wingmasters in all gauges 12, 16, 20, and .410, then sold them all and bought over/unders in all gauges when he became more affluent. That is where we differ, he sells his guns and replaces them, and I buy more gun safes. He keeps his collection honed down the ones he uses. Those Remingtons, by the way, came with plugs exactly as described except they were colored plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts