Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington 11/87 and when you load a shell in the mag. and cycle the bolt it will feed the shell out on to the load ramp but the action locks open as if the gun were empty any help with what might be the problem would be great thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
carrier timing. shell release is off. theres a piece of metal on the inside of the receiver. it may be bent or loose.
gunsmith time.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
what part of ark you in? you coming to the forum shoot 9 mar in south central mo?

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
matter of fact, i have 2 guys from jonesboro coming saturday.
heck, bring some buddies with ya. you can have the range all morning before they get there.
heck, come up the night before and spend a night in west plains.
we are all going to steak dinner in mountain grove after the shoot. come be part of it! bring 10 boxes of 8 or 9 shot. we will be shooting at night if time permits.
theres a gunsmith in mountain grove. bring that gun if ya want and let him look at it.
click my link to my range and scroll down on the home page to eagle eye shooting supply and make a reservation to see him 9 mar in the afternoon. maybe he'll do it right on the spot if you tell him i sent you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I don know if i can make it then but maybe sometime my family and myself will have too come to a shoot. I have son he is 16 and has shot on a trap team out of harrisburg ar for a few years we go to sparta every year we get a chance so its sounds like fun hope to make it up one day.
Thanks for the invite. I just got to becareful and not let him or my wife out shootme would look real bad(LOL)

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
its not really a bonified shoot, its sorta an outing for cyber posters to meet. some railroad guys are bringing a camper and setting up for ribs and such, and then we're all going to 20oz steak dinner that night in town. its actually a 2 day deal, so if sat is bad, come sunday!
its meant to be a no pressure kind of day where i show everyone 5 or 6 different games with shotguns for free. odds are, those coming will have little experience. winning score is all 6 games combined. it makes it fair for all. but if ya cant make it i understand. hate to see you miss out, but i understand. feel free to stop by anytime in march.

now, i was going to swing by to hwy 1 skeet and trap in jonesboro and do some shooting on my way in. are they still open?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It might be to late to get back to you on hwy one gun club we dont shoot there but i see people shooting at that range still.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
im leaving knoxville around 7am, time change...then i figure id be there around 4-5pm. hope they are still open then!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts