Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I searched the forum and found 0 threads newer than 5 years old ,concerning RELOADING and or Supplies .
So let's get a report going anyone seeing Powder Primers Shot showing up around your areas ?.

Monday was the First time I'd seen primers for sale including 209's since the plandemic :rolleyes:

They weren't inexpensive by any standards ,from what I was told as I got the message Tuesday afternoon o_O

So needless to say I Didn't even see them . Federal Small pistol primers ( SPP ) were $85.00 per K ,CCI Bench rest were $119.00 and there were 209's available but I didn't bother asking . Now some Magnum primers were $95.00 per K .

Pretty comical as I was going through one of My ammo cans of primers and found CCI SPP $0.52 sticker on box of a hundred .

Same can full sleeve Winchester LRP $ 4.35 per K . Those days are Looong gone :D

Last time I purchased 209's ( 2005-2007 maybe ) they were $12.25 per K by the 5K cases cartons .

·
975 Posts
I bought 10K Cheddite 209s around 4 or 5 months ago from Ballistic Products for around $36.00/1,000

I can get all the lead shot I want from a local guy who travels from range to range a few times a year. He makes it, but it looks perfect to me.

Wads are fairly easy to this point, and the only problem I had was powder. Took me a month of looking to find 8 pounds of Winchester 296 at $220.00

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not really in need of any components right now, I stocked up a while back. I do keep looking and if I see a reasonable deal, I buy.
A few weeks ago I got 4lbs of Clay Dot $116 and 5k primers $180. Not good prices, but reasonable considering the current situation.
Working off older stock I'm loading 12ga for $5.00 a box and $3.75 a box for 28ga.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
My last Win 209s were $125/5K plus shipping.hazmat. Nothing available locally for reloading; folks who do reload around here seem to go mail order

·
975 Posts
Interestingly enough, I never bought any reloading components mail order until this year. I always bought them at a Gun Show from a company called MiWall. They had great prices and a great selection.

Typically they were around $24.00/K/5K quantities for rifle or pistol, standard or Magnum, basically all Winchester. 209s were $25/00/K/5K quantities. I never buy less than a sleeve (5K) of primers at a time.

Powder always ran around $65.00/4 lbs, $125.00/8 pounds for most types.

Be glad when things return to normal and I'll buy some more but for now I'm extremely well stocked.

As I've told a few friends, if my house ever catches on fire I'll drive 20 miles down the road and then call 911.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You all for reporting supply availability . It's hit and mostly miss on powders and near impossible on primers and IF they are available their far and above a premium price . Powders from suppliers whom have it are price ridiculous . I won't go specifics but a fair assessment would be to say Popular reloading powders are running $34.99 -$ 44.99 in BULK 8-20 lb lots . There are LGS with a lb. of this or that and prices range as above per lb. . Bullets are on the Market prices vary greatly ,yet given everything else ,seem like a bargain buy . Shot I've NO idea as I've a lifetime supply , Ditto with 209 Primers providing I don't exceed 10K per year . I'm also good with Powder but it's what goes quicker and is still somewhat difficult to obtain ,especially at any reasonable price . MY past Primer supplier ,was unable to fulfill MY standing order with them and that's the 1 St. time in 40 years 😦 which makes ME think all sorts of scenarios . However they at least maned up and Emailed as well as called to explain WHY .

Which I can safely say is far better than a lot of name brand manufacturers ,who dumped on ME as well as MANY others 👎
To put it mildly and briefly ; Their screwing customers and distributors big time !. Example I had orders in on several manufactures via their distributors in March of 2020 , those that weren't able to fulfill back ordered and re back ordered .
However having European contacts I began inquiries . It's then I noticed a STRANGE phenomenon , August September October 2020 , they weren't short items . Yep Their stuff was full stock ,yet MY USA orders were being fulfilled :mad: .
In January still awaiting $10's of K's in back orders , ALL #6 Distributors CANCELLED ALL of MY orders within #2 days :censored:
First off HOW did any of them know I had ordered from anyone else ??. WHY did they cancel $$$$$ ?.

I later realized it was because they could now make MORE $$$$$$ , as market pricing favored their NOT fulfilling orders ,as consumer demand had risen beyond all expectation !. Yet Europe's pricing hadn't risen ONLY USA market apparently (n)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts