Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't shot at clay in probably 20 years and I sold my only pump, an 870, around the same time. As of about five minutes ago, I'm the captain of my company's team at a sporting clays tournament in March so I need to (and want to and get to!) purchase a decent o/u or semi-auto. Any advice?
The pro at the shooting center suggested a Beretta Silver Pigeon II but it's not only a little pricey but also not made in my country. I'd like something that's not embarrassing but that won't break the bank. Looks don't matter to me. Bad guy don't care how purty your gun is . . .
[email protected]
!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remington 1100 are real nice. They are semi auto, and have a internal fork that reduces recoil by as much as 40%. We have two for trap/skeet/ 5-stand.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 1100 all it has is the cantilever slug barrel presently however, I plan to get a 28" Vent rib with rem chokes, and an 18.5" for home defense, it recoils very little with 2 3/4 magnum slugs.

Just watch the 1100's because they are either for 3" or 2 3/4" not both. If you want both and like Remington go with an 11-87.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts