Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back form my local gun shop. I have been wanting a Mossberg 500 for some time now, but have not been able to locate one locally. Well I went to shoot my XD today and my shop had three in stock. I did not have the $320 dollars they wanted for it so I put 60 down for them to hold it for me. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up with my next paycheck.:D Well either way I got the ball rolling on buying me a nice HD weapon (along with my XD.)
It is a 8 shot Mossberg 500 Persuader it comes with a standard stock and a pistol grip stock (which is what I really wanted). I will probably add a heat shield and a collabsable stock with shell holder. MAYBE after I do some more research I may add the ghost ring sights. If anyone has any suggestions for accesories please let me know, but I generally just wanted to share my excitement.:grin:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's the gun I have as my HD go to gun. Mine would only take 3 shells in the magazine at first. It needed the mag limiting rod removed. To remove, undo barrel thumb screw, remove barrel and start loading shells. The shells will push the rod out the hole in the mag tube. Re-mount barrel and blast away!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me perosnaly I would leave it stock. If the recoil is a bit much for you, you can buy spring loaded stocks that keep the factory look. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking for one for a little while now. I have not put a ton of effort into finding one though, since every time I stop to look I get "the look" from my wife.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me perosnaly I would leave it stock. If the recoil is a bit much for you, you can buy spring loaded stocks that keep the factory look. That's just my opinion.
I figured I would try it out the first time to the range with the original stock see how that feels, switch to the pistol grip and try that... I would then base my decision off whichever felt better. As far as the spring loaded stocks.. thanks for the advice I will look into that.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the gun shop that is doing the transfer on my saiga from Gilbert's Guns and filled out the restrictive IL paperwork today.

They had a Mossberg 500 with short barrel and black stock used for $195. I looked at it more than once. Thing is I only gave $200 for my hunting mossberg with ducks unlimited all over it and multiple chokes. I admit that's been years ago.

I'm sure that I'll look at it some more when my rifle comes in and I go pick it up.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I use the Mossberg 500, but I have the regular field model. It holds 5+1 and I have no problem with it. It's also a great hunting gun, deer, turkey, squirell, rabbit, whatever I need, and also HD as well. I like the wood instead of the black because it doesn't seem to be a "threatening" gun... it's nice, like any hunting gun... but it's all business when needed to be. Under 200.00 at any local WalMart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts