Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
585 Posts
The 4 x 4 side by side riders have ruined it for everyone here recently, and the ranchers have reacted by gating off a heck of a lot of public roads. I am not sure how the legal ramifications work with that process, our latest state ruling is all in favor of the landowners, many of whom are undesirable imports. I am tempted to do one of two things. Either discontinue paying taxes on said gated off federal property, or cut the gates up into scrap iron and deposite them over the fence.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firearms, 4wheelers, snowmobiles, boats, whatever. It's always a minority of irresponsible owners and users that screw things up for the responsible owners and users.
This also applies to the land owners. There are the ranchers and farmers that are only trying to protect their property from being damaged and then there are the landowners that want to keeps other folks from accessing public lands so that they can use them as their private hunting and recreation areas.
Instead of adding to the conflict I suggest first trying to talk with the land owners to see if something can be worked out. You may also want to see if there is already an organization like MeatEater in your area that is trying to address the problem.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts